THE DAILY CALLER by JEFF POOR
Gingrich: Senator told me networks may have White House emails commanding counterterrorism group to stand down on Benghazi rescue
On Tuesday night’s “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren” on the Fox News Channel, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said that major news networks might have secret emails proving that the White House canceled plans to assist the besieged U.S. Embassy in Benghazi.
Gingrich said that the bombshell emails could be revealed within the next two days.
“There is a rumor — I want to be clear, it’s a rumor — that at least two networks have emails from the National Security Adviser’s office telling a counterterrorism group to stand down,” Gingrich said. “But they were a group in real-time trying to mobilize marines and C-130s and the fighter aircraft, and they were told explicitly by the White House stand down and do nothing. This is not a terrorist action. If that is true, and I’ve been told this by a fairly reliable U.S. senator, if that is true and comes out, I think it raises enormous questions about the president’s role, and Tom Donilon, the National Security Adviser’s role, the Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, who has taken it on his own shoulders, that he said don’t go. And that is, I think, very dubious, given that the president said he had instructions they are supposed to do everything they could to secure American personnel.”
After noting that the rumor, if true, would have a substantial impact on the presidential election, Gingrich pointed to another possible “October surprise” in the coming days.
“The other big story, I think, that is going to break is on corruption and extraordinary waste in the solar power grants and direct involvement by the Obama White House, including the president, in the solar panel grants involving billions of dollars, and I suspect that’s going to break Wednesday and Thursday of this week,” Gingrich added.
- Gingrich: Major Networks Are Holding Emails From White House Canceling Plans to Assist Benghazi Heroes on 9-11 (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Emails prove Obama bailed on Benghazi rescue? (wnd.com)
- Are There More Wh Benghazi E-mails? (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich: Obama Cancels Events for Sandy But Not for Benghazi (weeklystandard.com)
- Gingrich Headlines Fundraising Event For Akin (stlouis.cbslocal.com)
- Obama’s dereliction of duty exposed in Libya, says lawmaker (ConservativeActionAlerts.com)
- Bush’s FEMA Director Criticized Obama’s Response to Sandy for Being Too Speedy (theatlanticwire.com)
- Are There More Benghazi Emails, And Are There Benghazi Audio Tapes Of US Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods Requesting Support? (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
No comments yet.