VISION TO AMERICA (A deadlock would give obi the excuse he wants to increase taxes across the board, while blaming it on those gosh-dang GOPers! JM)
White House Leaks: Obama Willing To Go Over Fiscal Cliff
Economics, Politics Posted on December 4, 2012
White House sources are telling Democratic reporters that the president is willing to go over the so-called “fiscal cliff” if GOP leaders don’t agree to his demand for higher tax rates on the wealthy without substantive spending cuts.
A political deadlock would mean an automatic tax increase for middle-class and wealthy Americans on January 1, and the opportunity for Obama and the Democrats to push a tax-cutting bill for middle-class voters in 2013, say the White House officials, who leaked the claim to two liberal columnists.
Republican lawmakers, including House Speaker John Boehner, say they are opposed to any increase in tax rates, but have said they would vote to increase tax revenues by ending tax breaks used by wealthier Americans.
- “Flabbergasted Or Intoxicated?: John Boehner Says There’s No Difference Between Raising Revenue From Middle Class Or Wealthy (mykeystrokes.com)
- Republicans make new cliff bid (bbc.co.uk)
- Barack Obama, White House critical of GOP ‘fiscal cliff’ offer (newsday.com)
- White House rejects GOP fiscal cliff counteroffer (boston.com)
- White House ‘Reluctantly’ Willing to Go Off Fiscal Cliff? (newsy.com)
No comments yet.